Thursday, December 5, 2013

15 minute Creamy Coconut Rice

Coconut rice is something that was a staple whenever we were on a long travel, reason being that it would last forever. I craved it a lot when I was pregnant. My mom tells me that she did not add any vegetable to this rice, but I did when I attempted it. I was pleasantly surprised.
Today, I came home hurriedly to do my Sai Puja. I made this for my Prasad. I wanted to take pictures, but it was gone before I could.

Ingredients:
1.   Rice – 1 cup basmati
2.  Cumin – 1tbs
3.  Fennel – 3 tbs
4.   Grated coconut – Fresh or Frozen – ½ cup
5.  Peas – Fresh or Frozen – ½ cup
6.  Carrot – ½ cup small cubes
7.  Onions – 1/ cup
8.  Oil – 1 tbs
9.  Cashews – 2 tbs
10.Garam Masala – 1 tsp
11. Coriendar powder – 1tsp
12.Salt – to taste
13.Green chilies – 3
14.Turmeric – 1tsp
15.Water – 1.25 cups

Instructions:
o   Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin and fennel, let them pop.
o   Now add onions and let them brown for 2 minutes
o   Add vegetables and sauté for 5 minutes.
o   Now add basmati rice and other ingredients.
o   Let rice sauté for 3 minutes. Add water.
o   Pressure cook till 3 whistles
Serve hot. Serve with Raita.


Thank you for visiting my page, will post picture soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment